Inner Skin Moisture Bouncy Serum
A hydrating vegan and organic serum formulated with over 99% cactus-derived mucilage, a thick gel-like substance produced naturally in plants, to plump and lock in moisture. This ‘cactus dew’ serum is a vegan version of snail mucin, with similar protective and hydrating properties. Cactus mucilage is rich in essential fatty acids to help maintain the skin’s lipid barrier and lock in moisture.
In addition, prickly pear cactus is packed with over 40 types of phytochemicals, 18 types of amino acids, 14 types of vitamins, and 12 types of minerals, as well as electrolytes that provide superb antioxidant benefits from deep within, to improve skin elasticity and transform dull skin into radiant, glowing skin.
Whamisa is a brand established by Korea’s leading clean beauty manufacturer and owns the first Korean organic-certified facility. As the pioneer of clean beauty in Korea, our lab has worked on countless innovations in the past decades, incorporating organic fermentation, preservation system, and raw ingredients to the formulation. Whamisa’s formula is 100% plant-based and vegan. We are principally opposed to using any animal-derived and synthetic ingredients, including artificial colorants and fragrances. All of Whamisa’s products and packaging are pledged to the principles of clean beauty.
Whamisa Fresh is a vegan, natural, and intuitive skincare line specializing in preserving the integrity of pure and high potency ingredients. We believe that less is more, which is why we avoid unnecessary filler ingredients, simplifying the state of effective and safe skincare formulation.
As a frontrunner in natural and minimal skincare, we aim to reshape existing formulation clichés through breakthroughs in cutting-edge innovation and sustainable technology. Each product brings out the intrinsic value of botanicals by using fewer ingredients, not more. The results are experienced in our formulas and textures.
As this serum is formulated with over 99% pure organic cactus mucilage, natural separation may occur due to its clean and minimal formulation. You may or may not notice some ultra-fine strings in the texture, but this microphase separation is normal and does not affect the efficacy or preservation of the product.
- A vegan and organic serum containing 99% organic cactus-derived mucilage that moisturizes the skin for a long time.
- Moisturizes skin from the inside and out for 48-72 hours; outer skin: 72 hours, inner layer of skin: 48 hours
- Improves transepidermal water loss for 24 hours.
- Acquired “Excellent” grade in German skin irritation test.
- Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract 99.47%: Pactin and dietary fiber mucilage, which are abundant in cactus mucilage, have a unique texture that moisturizes not only the outer skin but also the inner layer of skin.
- Spirulina Platensis Extract: Relieves skin problems and has anti-aging effects.
How do Cactus survive in harsh desert climates?
Cactus effectively stores moisture to survive in extreme heat of over 50 degrees and dry desert climate. Cactus Toner Mist contains this Mucilage ingredient of cactus to keep the skin moisturized deep.
What is the Opuntia Ficus-Indica?
Opuntia Ficus-Indica, one of the five superfoods selected by the British BBC, contains 40 kinds of plant nutrients called Phytochemicals, 18 kinds of amino acids, 14 kinds of vitamins, and 12 kinds of minerals. It was called “A magic potion”.
In particular, pectin, which is abundant in cactus mucus, and Mucilage, which is a dietary fiber, protect the skin and maintain moisture. It moisturizes not only the outer skin but also the inner layer of skin, improving skin elasticity and helping to improve skin texture and gloss.
- Vitamins: Clears the skin and makes it elastic
- Phytochemical: Nourishes the skin and helps in skin texture management.
- Amino Acids: Replenishes and replenishes the lack of moisture in the skin.
Skin test & safety
- Dermatest: Obtained Dermatest certificate. This means product has passed the vivo(human) patch tests with no toxin or irritation reactions based on the guidelines of the ICDRG, which is one of the most globally-established standards, instructs. Only the products that passed this test are able to obtain the “Excellent” mark.
- COSMOS: Obtained COSMOS certificate that is an utmost certificate for organic and natural cosmetic products comprised of the five major institute in EU. Their certificate is allowed only for the products with all natural or organic ingredients, and for the manufacturers or the brands that passed their site audit and package analysis.
- Vegan BDiH: Obtained certification from the German BDIH indicating that made only with plant origined raw materials without animal testing.
- Moisturizing ability test
- Moisturizing lasting power for 72 hours
- Moisture content in the skin for 48 hours
- Transepidermal water loss(TEWL) for 48 hours
Consumer Reviews and Awards
- 95.8% of 100 Korean reviewers in 2021 were satisfied with the moisturizing effect in the skin
- Estonia 2021 AAA Awards Winner
A transparent greenish sticky mucilage and is a light formulation that flows off the skin when it touches the skin.
- Those who want to keep their skin moisturized for a long time.
- Those who want to make their skin elastic and glow by moisturizing not only the outer skin but also the inner layer of skin.
- Those who want a serum made with only natural organic ingredients.
How to use
- Apply onto cleansed skin and gently pat until fully absorbed.
- Tip 1: If you apply this before going to bed and go to bed, you can feel that your skin is moisturized the next day.
- Tip 2: For best results, use Cactus AKA Skin-Exfoliating Purifying Toner prior to using this serum, then follow with a moisturizer.
*Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract(99.47%), Spirulina Platensis Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil(0.005%), p-Anisic Acid, Aniba Rosodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Linalool, Limonene. (*Certified Organically Grown)
Whamisa has been proving the excellence of its products by receiving an overwhelming number of commendations.